Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mid-Session Check in Blog

Dear Ms. Cline,

I have thoroughly enjoyed this English class this year.  I realize now that i was a bit rusty in writing and composing an essay, but I feel quite comfortable about it now.  My biggest challenge in this class so far has been using a computer to do my class on line.  I learned many things about this you taught me how to use the rich text format, how to submit URL's, how to copy and paste and most of all how to make a blog and post things to it.  I can say i learned quite a bit in just one class of how to do a class on line.  This was my first experience to do a class on line and even though I stressed it a bit, I was able to talk to you and refocus and get the assignments presented the way you wanted them.  Thank you for the wealth of knowledge you gave me in this one class. 

How have the readings in the class affected me?  Well, I really enjoyed O'Brien's stories and did not realize that I liked reading war stories.  I am reading the Handmaids tale now and I just can't seem to get into it yet, but as you taught me to hang in there and not make a preconceived idea of the book until it is completely read so as i complete this book i will form an opinion on it.  The poetry i read in this class i enjoyed and tried my self to write poetry.

How has literary analysis different from other types of writing i have done in college?  This literary analysis helped teach me to analyze the meaning behind the poem or story instead of just summarizing what i read.  This i thought was pretty cool it made me think deeper about what i was reading.

What are my goals for the second half of the session?  My goals are to be a better reader and contemplate what i write and what i read and think about it in a different perspective like analysis.  My ultimate goal for this class is to do very well so that my reading and writing skills are at their best for other classes.  I thank you for all the teaching you have given me and the things i learned in this class i will carry with me forever.  Thanks again.   Dottie Kee

No comments:

Post a Comment